Templemore Tidy Towns has continued to work unstintingly over several decades to ensure that our town is pleasant for natives and visitors alike. The appearance of our town has greatly improved over the years, thanks to the work of the members giving voluntarily of their time, along with assistance from our council workers, Fás and Tús workers, schools and members of the public.
The Garda Síochána College was originally constructed as Richmond barracks in 1815 on a fifty-seven acre site owned by Sir John Craven Carden (1757-1820) and when completed was one of the largest barracks in Ireland with accommodation for ‘54 officers, 1500 men and 30 horses, a hospital for 80 patients; a bridewell; a fever hospital and a dispensary, ball, news and reading rooms, and a public billiard table
The TCDA is a community group founded to promote, support and seek funding for local community projects. The Association was set up in 2016 following two well attended public meetings where people expressed an interest in volunteering as part of a group to fill the vacuum created following the dissolution of Templemore Town Council in 2014.